Jake Kirtley ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet our newest campus cutie, Jake Kirtley!  The Lake of the Ozarks native loves spending time on the water, but around Columbia you’ll most likely catch him at Piano Bar or the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity house.

Full Name: Jacob Abbet Kirtley
Age: 22
Year: Senior
Major: Nursing
Hometown: Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Movie: Happy Gilmore. I’m an Adam Sandler fan.
Favorite Quote?: “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” –Vince Lombardi
What’s your idea of the perfect date? Growing up at the Lake of the Ozarks has made me enjoy a nice boat ride. There are not many things more relaxing than a ride during a warm summer evening with a special girl. And a goodnight kiss on a first date is always a good ending.
What do you look for in a girl? This first attraction is a big smile, bright eyes, and long legs. Above all, intelligence, humor, and honesty are qualities that can never be overlooked
Do you have a favorite place in Columbia? Piano Bar (The Penguin) and the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity house.
Where do you want to be in 10 years? In 10 years I would like to be a CRNA (Nurse Anesthetist). This position could be held in large or smaller cities. 10 years is a long time to set too many goals. Life is best spent when you are surprised by the outcome. So surprise me!

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.