Happy Summer from Her Campus Mizzou! See you in the fall, collegiettes!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Photo by Vanessa Meuir

It’s that time of year again, collegiettes! It’s time for Sonic happy hours after an afternoon spent poolside, your favorite sundresses, baseball games and a well-deserved dose of r & r.  We can’t thank you enough for an incredible launch year. Over the past eight months, Her Campus Mizzou has become one of the consistently most trafficked of Her Campus Media’s 100+ college branches and has grown a staff of 35+ student writers, photographers, designers and event-planners. We absolutely love bringing you the best of all things Mizzou – according to HER!

Up to something fabulous this summer? Maybe a dream internship, study abroad trip or quality time with your best galpals? Send us pics, and you could be featured on the site!

HCM will resume posting daily at the start of the school year, but come back and visit before then because we’ll be updating our features, polls and blogs throughout the summer. (You don’t want to miss new Campus Correspondent Vanessa Meuir’s delicious dish on this season of the Bachelorette!) So, soak up the sun Sheryl-style (she is a Mizzou collegiette™, afterall) and have a splendid summer break. And while you’re at it, stay in our loop via Twitter and Facebook. Happy Summer!

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.