This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Her Campus Mizzou captured the excitement of the Presidential Election and students around campus exercising their right to vote on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012. 

For many students at Mizzou, the 2012 Presidential Election on November 6, 2012 was their first time voting. Junior Kara Brosio proudly displayed her “I Voted” sticker throughout the day. 

Students stood in a line to vote at the Student Center during lunchtime on Tuesday. Mizzou offered voting polls at the Student Center, Memorial Union, and the Reynolds Alumni Center . 

An indicative sign sits in front of the Student Center and Memorial Union polling stations.

Viewers watch election results at the watch-party hosted by The Blue Note on Tuesday night. The free event provided food and Boone County updates throughout the evening.

Viewers at the watch-party concentrate on the screen as state popular votes are announced. The majority of the audience was Democratic, cheering loudly every time Obama made an advancement.

A watch-party viewer rests her feet below a patriotic banner anxiously awaiting for the results. 

Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.