This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet Ed Grattan. This sophomore loves getting involved on campus and using his sense of humor and good looks to charm the ladies. You might have spotted him at the RSVP Center, where he’s a Greek Advocate, or at the Delta Tau Delta house or around campus with his camera.

Name: Ed Grattan

Hometown: Chesterfield, Mo.

Major: Biology and Religious Studies

Relationship status: Single

Campus involvement: Greek Advocates, GAMMA and Global Medical Brigades

Favorite pick-up line: “No tengo algo bueno para decir en Inglés, entonces le diré un cuento de un gatito y un árbol en Español.” (I do not have anything good to say in English, so I will tell you a tale of a kitten and tree in Spanish.)

Last song played on your iPod: “Shake Me Down” by Cage the Elephant

Unique fact: “I am from El Salvador and am bilingual.”

Dream job: “I’d like to travel around the world and have the ability to give medical care to those who need it. It would also be nice to become a religious studies professor.“

Favorite vacation spot: “Anywhere with a lake or a beach. A week at the Lake of the Ozarks with friends is always great.”

If I were an animal: Unfortunately, there is an ongoing joke that I look like Timon from The Lion King. So I guess a defenseless meerkat.”

Something no one knows: “I like photography and would like to some day get good enough to display my photos. I am also from the future.”

Perfect date: “It would probably involve a Blues game, dinner and a movie, and a good concert to top it off. I don’t know how that would fit into one day, but as long as they like the idea of hockey, a funny movie and great music, I’m fine.”

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!