Easy To Make Valentine’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Being a broke college kid can be hard, especially on holidays when all you want to do is splurge. It’s easy to go overboard when thinking about how to spoil that special someone. But this Valentine’s Day, you can make something worth keeping without breaking the bank.  

1. What guy doesn’t like food, especially when it is made by the one he admires most? Anything from cookies, to chocolate covered pretzels, to even a heart shaped pizza will make a delicious gift that your special someone is bound to love.

2. A crafty but easy-to-make gift that will really show your valentine all the reasons why you chose them can be found in something as simple as a deck of cards. You can find them cheap at your local supermarket or even an old pack laying around your house Spice up each card with a different reason why you like/love the person you are making it for, showing them that there are 52 reasons and more why they are special to you. Dress up each card with pictures, quotes, specific dates that are significant, or even song lyrics to go along with each of the many reasons they’re your valentine.

3. A similar gift that is easy to make but still meaningful is the “ABC’s of You.” Similar to a scrapbook, each page contains a word starting with one of the 26 letters of the alphabet that describes your valentine or what they mean to you. All you need is some paper, scissors, glue, a writing utensil, and pictures if you choose to include them.  

4. A shadow box/ frame is a cheap investment that can make for an awesome gift to be hung or placed on the desk of your valentine. Inside you can make a collage with pictures from fun dates, adventures, or significant moments in your relationship. You may also decide to include significant items such as ticket stubs from your first movie date, the lyrics of a song, inside jokes, pictures of things that remind you of them, concert tickets, or anything that is special to you and your valentine.  

Spoiling your special someone no longer has to leave you with an empty wallet. Instead, it can show your valentine that you took the time and effort to make them something meaningful to your relationship!