DeShawn Woodards ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, DeShawn Woodards! A senior, this man is the Vice President of National Association of Black Journalists, single, AND as charming as they come. This cutie has got everything going for him; looks, smarts, and drive. What’s not to love? Check him out!

Hometown: Chicago, IL

Major: Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis in Communication, Business and Sociology

Campus Involvement: Vice President of National Association of Black Journalists, Career Specialist at the MU Career Center, Production Assistant for Mizzou After Dark, Member of Target H.O.P.E. 

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Pick-Up Line: Are you an Interior Decorator? Because when I saw you, the room became beautiful. (Not saying I use that though, I like the simple “Hi my name is Shawn.”)

Most embarrassing moment: Slipping on ice and falling in the street of Philadelphia.

It was a terrible moment in the world’s history.

3 Turn-Ons: Knowledge of music, sexy women in heels and the lingering scent of Rihanna’s Rebelle Perfume (that will make a man melt)

3 Turn-Offs: No ambition, stage 9 clingers (Saran Wrap Women), bad attitudes

Last song played on IPod: “Strawberry Bubblegum” – Justin Timberlake

My guilty pleasure is: Still watching WWE. It’s the child in me. 

My idea of a perfect date is: A good movie and dinner with interesting, funny and witty conversation.

What I look for in a girl is: Nice smile, nice personality and nice legs.

One thing on my bucket list is: Meeting Jay-Z

My favorite Mizzou memory so far is: Riding in the 100th Homecoming Parade representing the LBC Homecoming Court

My celebrity crush is: Melanie Fiona

In 10 years I will be: Continuing to develop the Neoclef brand (Neoclef.com) into a lifestyle and artist management agency.

Maggie Bowman is a freshman at the University of Missouri. A coffee-addict and sparkle enthusiast, she loves a good laugh and holds her family and friends close to her heart. You can catch this girl hanging out with her lovely sisters at Kappa Delta Sorority or working hard to serve the Columbia community! 
Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.