Style

Cute Pieces You Need in Your Autumn Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Autumn is here, Tigers! Sure, it’s not exactly cold enough to justify wearing turtlenecks, beanies and wool scarves, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start buying your perfect autumnal look. In fact, by the time your packages arrive, it might just be cool enough to wear them around campus. I’m sorry to be an enabler, but who can blame me? Have you seen how cute fall fashion is? 

Locally-sourced knit hats

I’m sure you have at least a couple beanies lying around, but switch it up this season and purchase one from a local company or a small business! They can be a little more expensive, but most of the time, they aren’t much more than what you’d pay at American Eagle or Old Navy. Plus, you get some really unique designs that you couldn’t find in a mass-produced location. Check out the link above for some Etsy options, but I’d recommend swinging by your local farmer’s market for some truly local knitwear. 

Oversized Plaid Scarves 

The only thing better than a scarf is a plaid scarf, and the only thing better than a plaid scarf is an oversized scarf. I’m telling you to essentially walk around campus with a full-on blanket wrapped around your neck; you’ll look fashionable, cozy and completely toasty. Check out one I’ve suggested from Modcloth, or you can hit a small boutique and see what options they’ve got out for the season! 

Hiking boots 

Chelsea boots are definitely in, there is no doubt about that, but there’s something so wonderful and freeing about skipping around campus in a pair of waffle stompers. They’re extremely durable, comfortable, sturdy and chunky; if you pair them with dark skinny jeans and an oversized sweater, then you’ve got yourself an outfit for any occasion. I’ve linked a more expensive pair from L.L. Bean just to show you what I’m talking about, but the good thing about these boots is that they’ve been around forever, which means thrifting a nicely made pair is about the easiest thing in the world. In fact, they even look cooler when they’re vintage! 

CC for Mizzou's chapter of Her Campus! I am currently a senior at the Missouri School of Journalism, specializing in magazine editing. Have a wonderful day, you!