Chelsea Drake ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet this week’s campus cutie, Chelsea Drake. From Tour Team to Summer Welcome 2011 to Legion of Black Meet this week’s campus cutie, Chelsea Drake. From Tour Team to Summer Welcome 2011 to Legion of Black Collegians, this senior at Mizzou is beyond involved. When she isn’t giving tours on campus or participating in LBC, this Renaissance woman loves listening to music, using Twitter and volunteering with children. Her nominator described her as “the cutest person inside and out.” Learn more about Chelsea Drake here!

Hometown: Houston, Texas

Major:Human Development and Family Studies; Minors: Sociology and Black Studies
Relationship status:“Taken :)”

Campus involvement: MU Tour Team, Summer Welcome 2011, Legion of Black Collegians Black Student Government, Big XII Council on Black Student Government, United Ambassadors Minority Student Recruitment Team

Favorite Columbia restaurant: “Chipotle — hands down!”

Favorite campus study spot: Second floor of the library

Favorite song on her iPod: “Run The World (Girls)” — Beyonce

Dream job: “Creating programs for inner city youth through a nonprofit org.”

Favorite Quote :“Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.” — Maya Angelou. “I have part of that quote tattooed on my foot.”

Favorite movie: The Lion King

Mizzou football or basketball? “FOOTBALL!”

Vanessa Meuir is senior majoring in magazine journalism and English. She was born in St. Louis, MO and raised in Columbia, MO where she now attends school. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus Mizzou, she works in Mizzou's athletics department and serves as a writing tutor for students on campus. She has gained most of her journalistic experience while writing and blogging for the Columbia Missourian, a local newspaper, and Vox magazine, a student-run campus magazine. She also gained some publishing experience while interning at The Missouri Review, a literary magazine. When Vanessa is not working or in class, she enjoys maintaining a personal blog that comments on reality television, spending time with her five roommates, reading and dabbling in amateur photography. Among her favorite things are diet coke, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Disney Channel and fuzzy socks.