This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As we approach the graduating season, it is always important to remember what students are having to consider as they move forward to the next step in their life. It can be hard to figure out what the next move should be, but once you realize that you have so many opportunities to reach out for, then it can be exciting to look towards the future.

1. Remember that your knowledge will take you far in life

Knowledge is pretty important. I mean, after all, we all do go to school to gain some sort of knowledge, so it is held in pretty high regard. The fact that you have gained so much knowledge and experience already is impressive, and graduating gives you the opportunity to put it to use.

2. Don’t let your fears or anxieties bring down your confidence

Any sort of major change in life can be stressful, and sometimes it is overwhelming when people aren’t sure of what to do or where to go. But if you remember that you are capable, strong and independent, then you will be able to handle those situations and won’t let the stress of life bring you down.

3. Let your heart guide you on your path

Now that you’re moving on, it’s time to make those hard decisions. Sometimes you won’t know what option is the best for you or where you belong. However, if you listen to what your gut is telling you, and do what makes your heart happy then you can’t go wrong there.

4. Travel not only for enjoyment, but for the learning aspect

One of the best things about traveling the world is that it can be rewarding in more ways than one. You get to experience new cultures, learn the history of other countries and see it all right before your eyes. The world is at your fingertips, and it is worth experiencing.

5. Remember that while your school days may be over, your learning days will last forever

Yes, the days of classes and test-taking may be over. But that does not mean you will stop the learning process. As they say, you learn something new every day. It’s what makes us wise as we continue to learn and understand the world around us. No matter where you go after college, always remember that you have come this far. Graduating from college isn’t even near the end. If anything, it is the end of just one chapter in your life, and now it is time for you to start writing the next one.

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou