8 Health-Friendly Finals Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The dreaded finals week is upon us here at Mizzou. The week where students realize they have one week to bring their grades up.  The week where all previous healthy eating is thrown out of the window, replaced with fast food, pop tarts and soda. Here are 8 delicious snack alternatives that will save the time and energy you spent on looking good and being healthy.

1.     Pistachios instead of potato chips

2.     Flavored water instead of soda

3.     Kashi Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bars instead of Strawberry Pop Tarts

4.     Naked Berry Veggie Juice Smoothie instead of a Milk Shake

5.     Fiber One Chocolate Fudge Brownies instead of a candy bar

6.     Archer Farms Fruit Bars instead of Twizzlers or Mike N Ikes

7.     Green tea instead of coffee

8.     Orville Redenbacher’s Natural Whole Grain Popcorn instead of “Movie Theater” popcorn that is covered in butter

Remember, the key to doing well on finals is getting enough sleep and maintaining a healthy diet! Good luck collegiettes! 

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.