This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’re a Swiftie you know that on October 27th Taylor Swift will release “1989 (Taylor’s Version).” To celebrate the highly anticipated re-release you should get all your Swiftie friends together for a “1989” party! Keep reading to find ideas for your own “1989” themed celebration! 

1. Bake Taylor’s Chai Cookies 

If you’re a swiftie you know about the infamous Chai Cookies Taylor made many Septembers ago. If you have yet to try them, they would be the perfect treat to bring in the “1989” release. They’re perfect for fall so you can be on theme for both the party and the season. This could be a great activity to do with your friends as well while you wait for the release of the album! 

You can find the recipe here! 

2. Pull out the Polaroid cameras

When the original “1989” album was released, Polaroids were a huge trend. Tuck away those digital cameras for the night and bring out your film cameras! It can be fun to recreate some of Taylor’s photos during the night and, of course, create your own! Here are some examples: 

3. Costume Party

The album release happens to be on the weekend of Halloween. One way you could incorporate a Halloween theme into the party is by having it be a costume party: You and your guests can either wear your Eras Tour outfits again or make new ones! You’re basically killing two birds with one stone. 

4. Decorations

You can’t have a party without decorations! The best way to go about this is to start out with a blue, silver and white theme. You could even get some balloons that say “1989” which would be great for photos. Think streamers, plates, cutlery, napkins and balloons to get the most out of your theme. You could even create a space to hang up all the cute Polaroids you and your friends take throughout the night!  Here are some examples: 

5. Cocktails and Mocktails

For those 21+ it would be so cute to make “1989” themed drinks for your party. If you’re not 21+ or you prefer to go alcohol-free, mocktails are the perfect option! Each of your guests could bring a “1989” themed drink or you could choose one to serve during the night. We’ll link some recipes below with my drink menu ideas! It would also add to the decor if you printed out a drink menu and thrifted a blue picture frame to go along with it! 

Drink Ideas – Cocktail Edition 

Welcome to New York – Manhattan Cocktail

Starbucks Lovers – Espresso Martini 

Blank Space – Blue Train  

Bad Blood – Pomegranate Mimosa 

This Love – Sapphire Martini 

Drink Ideas – Mocktail Edition 

Welcome to New York – Manhattan Mocktail 

Starbucks Lovers – Espresso Martini Mocktail 

Blank Space – Blue Lagoon Mocktail 

Bad Blood – Pomegranate Mimosa Mocktail

This Love – Blue Mocktail  

6. Decorate a cake!

If Chai cookies aren’t your thing, you could always have a cake-decorating activity. Purchase some cake mix, icing, sprinkles or anything else you’d like to use and make it a competition. At the end, your guests can vote for their favorite design – as long as it’s not their own! This would also be wonderful for the Polaroid pictures and a way to keep everyone busy while waiting for the album.

7. Make Friendship Bracelets

What’s a Taylor Swift-themed party if you’re not making friendship bracelets? Gather up some elastic string, various blue beads, and alphabet beads and you’re ready to get started. You could choose to have your guests make them before the party so you could trade with each other, or it could be a fun activity to do as you wait for the album to drop. You could put the supplies in small bowls on your table and decorate around it as well! 

We hope you enjoyed reading about ideas for your own “1989” release party. We cannot wait for the album and hope you all have a great time listening to it amongst your friends! 

Hi! My name is Addison Fouts and I am a senior here at Mizzou. I'm our social media manager for twitter, threads, and facebook! I'm majoring in journalism but plan to go to law school. I love fashion, makeup, and anything lifestyle. I also love traveling and going to concerts! I'm so excited for you all to read my articles, and for more updates follow me on my socials! LinkedIn: Addison Fouts https://www.linkedin.com/in/addison-fouts-a09a71229/