5 Ways To Avoid Someone On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Whether it be a past hookup, professor or that one person in your class that you cannot stand, here are five foolproof ways to avoid these people when you see them heading your way on campus. 

1. Find out their hobbies, class schedule, favorite hangouts, etc. A perfect way to avoid someone is to find out where they are going to be at all times so that you can make sure that you won’t be there. Warning: May require an extensive amount of stalking.

2. Hide behind a bush. Also known as the shuck and duck as in “shucks I can see Justin from that one frat party I really wish I didn’t remember heading my way” and “I better duck behind that bush so I can avoid the awkward eye contact that would inevitably happen.” Shuck and duck, baby.

3. Yell “fire” in a crowded area. Now, don’t get confused, I am not encouraging starting a fire, just yelling it. Either way, mass chaos will ensue, there will be screaming a running blah, blah, blah but at least it creates a distraction so that you can scurry away and save the uncomfortable situation for another time.

4. Wear a mask. I do realize that this may seem a tad bit extreme, but think about it this way: Down the line it could become a major fashion trend (or people might think you’re about to mug them but that’s a risk you’re willing to take). 

5. Don’t ever leave your house. Ever. No explanation needed, just Netflix and lots and lots of pizza. 

Sarah Kloepple is a junior journalism student at Mizzou. She embraces her addiction to good television and the fact that she knows way too much movie trivia. Originally from St. Louis, Sarah loves spending time with family and friends and stopping frequently at any good frozen custard place (preferably Ted Drewe's). When she's not with her oldest friend Netflix, you can find her typing furiously on her computer somewhere or reading a good book outside. Follow her on Twitter: @skloep.