The 5 Sexiest Male Characters On TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The story lines are awesome but let’s face it – having a hot male lead on a TV show is a bonus!  Here are our picks for the 5 hottest male characters in recent TV shows.  

1.) Jon Hamm as Donald Draper on Mad Men

Mizzou grad Jon Hamm plays steamy advertising executive Donald Draper on AMC’s hit show Mad Men. The glamour and secrets of 1960s New York life would be more than enough to keep a girl interested, but Hamm adds a certain spice that is impossible to resist. Despite his character’s many flaws, you can’t help but love him. And his many shirtless scenes don’t hurt his case. The sixth season of Mad Men aired Sunday, April 7, but you can watch all preceding seasons on Netflix.

2.) Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl

Handsome British actor Ed Westwick perfectly portrays the seductive bad boy of the Gossip Girl series, Chuck Bass. His brazen confidence leads to the most enticing of sexcapades, but his soft spot for Blair shows this hottie’s lovable, emotional side as well. Whenever he utters that notorious phrase, “I’m Chuck Bass,” it’s always a close tie between the urge to slap him and the urge to kiss him. Even though the beloved series came to an unfortunate end last year, seasons 1 to 5 can be found on Netflix.

3.) Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy on Modern Family

Hear me out on this one. Ty Burrell’s character on Modern Family is a total D.I.L.F. His quirky antics and enthusiasm on the ABC show make Phil Dunphy an undercover cutie. Phil adds so much humor to an already sidesplitting show that it is impossible not to fall for him. His semi-cool dad advice and creation of the Dunphy-pedia simply add to his charm. Modern Family airs Wednesdays on ABC at 8 p.m.

4.) Adam Driver as Adam Sackler on Girls

Main character Hannah’s on-again, off-again love interest Adam Sackler embodies the reckless spontaneity every girl secretly looks for in a significant other. With a picturesque physique and puppy-dog eyes, Adam is an instant heartthrob and one of the most interesting characters on Girls. His naivety, brutal manliness and relentless devotion to caring for Hannah makes Adam even more adorable than he is based on looks alone. You can watch Adam and catch up on the past two seasons of Girls with an HBO Go account.

5.) Scott Disick as Scott Disick on every E! show about the Kardashians

Scott, Lord Disick, L.D., whatever outlandish nickname you prefer to use, is one of the sexiest and most fashion-forward baby daddies on reality television. He is known for being Kourtney Kardasian’s partner and father to their two beautiful children Mason and Penelope, but Disick has taken on a celebrity persona of his own apart from the Kardashian family madness.  With his love for expensive suits and custom accessories, like canes and eye patches, The Lord is anything but boring. Don’t listen to those who judge you for watching this fine piece of entertainment. Catch Scott in the recently premiered finale of Kourtney & Kim Take Miami on E! Online. 

Do you have a favorite that we missed?  Let us know in the comment box below!

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.