3 Ways To Handle Being Single On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

All the single ladies, put your hands up because it’s that time of year again when everything is pink and red and there are hearts everywhere! Some of you are probably like this on Valentine’s Day.

But many of us do this on the one day a year when it is acceptable to eat a whole tub of Ben & Jerry’s.

Here are three ways to deal with being a single gal this Valentine’s Day:

1. GNO (Girls Night Out). Go out with your friends to the bar, dinner or downtown and dance the night away. Not only does it keep you busy, but you are surrounded by your closest friends and people you love which is what Valentine’s day is all about. Don’t forget to dress cute and post pictures on social media to make all your friends with dates jealous.

2. See “Fifty Shades of Grey.” What better way to celebrate this day filled with love than watching a love story? This Valentine’s Day, the first installment of the infamous trilogy will be released. Go with your friends and don’t forget to buy a bucket of popcorn to eat your sorrows away!

3. Shop til you drop. Nothing a little retail therapy can’t fix! Spend the day at the mall and shop your worries and sadness away.

Sarah Kloepple is a junior journalism student at Mizzou. She embraces her addiction to good television and the fact that she knows way too much movie trivia. Originally from St. Louis, Sarah loves spending time with family and friends and stopping frequently at any good frozen custard place (preferably Ted Drewe's). When she's not with her oldest friend Netflix, you can find her typing furiously on her computer somewhere or reading a good book outside. Follow her on Twitter: @skloep.