This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As most of us know, celebrities have many talents and creating a makeup line seems to be trending in 2017. This is the year of collaboration between superstars, Instagrammers and YouTubers.

Below are a few of my favorite boss ladies who have branched out into the beauty business.

Rihanna: Fenty Beauty

The Barbadian queen, Rihanna is the newest member to climb aboard the makeup brand train. Nothing can keep this bad girl down from breaking into the beauty industry. Fenty’s launch was on Sept. 8, and since then, it has received rave reviews for their quality and range of color. The packaging is minimalistic and truly lets the product speak for itself. The color spectrum is king, or shall I say queen, in this product line.

Kim Kardashian: KKW Beauty

Kimmy K has always expressed her passion for a multitude of hobbies with the world, so it only makes sense that she comes out with products that reflect her bronzed brand image. So far in her collection, she has créme and powder contours as well as highlight kits that have received mixed reviews. They are on the pricier side, with powder kits coming in at $52 and créme kits at $48. Although I am a contour fiend, I think I hold off on trying one of these products.

Below, you can see makeup artist Desi Perkins applying Kim Kardashian’s Powder Contour Kit

Nicki Minaj: MAC x Nick Minaj

Lastly, it was only a matter of time until the Black Barbie herself entered the arena. Nicki has teamed up with MAC Cosmetics to create a 24-shade lipstick line. The release is set for Sept. 20, and I can’t wait to get my hands on one of her “Nicki’s Nude” shades. We’ll have to wait and see how MAC x Nicki Minaj stacks up to Kylie Cosmetics lip kits.

Keep up the empowering work ladies! I’ll be the first to say that if any of these products get me close to looking like one of these women, count me in.

HC Contributer Mizzou