Things You Should Know About Stranger Things Season Two

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

It’s comforting to know that I am not the only one who fell in love with the show Stranger Things last year. The show premiered on Netflix and immediately gained a huge fan base. Now we’re less than two weeks away from the premiere of season two and everyone is getting excited. Don’t have time to re-watch Season One? Here are some quick refreshers before you start Season Two!

Here’s where Season One left off… SPOILERS BELOW.

Eleven kills the demogorgon and disappears. Where did she go, is she okay? I don’t know, but it’s been stressing me out. Will Byers returns home from the Upside-Down, he’s puking up slimey, slug-things, so I’m guessing that’s a bad sign. Nancy is back with Steve (I’m sorry, I just can’t support this). Chief Hopper is leaving Eggo waffles in the woods, which I can only assume means he’s looking for Eleven. The evil scientist in charge of Eleven’s experiments may or may not be alive. Did he escape the monster, I have no idea?

What do we know about Season Two?

The Duffer brothers (creators of the show, thank goodness for them) described in this Entertainment Weekly interview that the next installment is more like a movie sequel than a second season. What exactly does that mean? Not sure, just that Stranger Things 2 will be bigger, crazier and feature more intense action than Season One. It’s not surprising that the creators are incorporating their loves of movies more, especially with all the references in the first season.

There will be new characters!

Joyce will have a new love interest this season. Then there’s Keith, an employee at the arcade who wiggles his way into the friend circle. There will be a new scientist cleaning up the mess left after the Season One finale, and I guess we’ll have to watch and see whether he is a good guy or bad guy. Two new kids are coming to Hawkins, a new journalist is putting together some conspiracy theories, and a mysterious woman who somehow is connected to what’s going on in Hawkins.

This season will be darker and scarier.

Season Two is building on the threats from Season One. Just from the poster alone we see a super creepy looking sky. There will be a new monster, which the boys call “The Shadow Monster.” This season will be more frightening, but hopefully the show won’t lose it’s campy eighties nostalgia that made so many people love it.

To summarize, we don’t know much. The show’s creators have revealed very little about what’s to come, but they have told us just enough to keep our interest. Here’s the trailer! Everyone get amped for October 27th!

Jillian McMahan

Minnesota '19

Jillian McMahan is a senior studying child psychology at the University of Minnesota. She aspires to one day be the Leslie Knope of her workplace. 
Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.