Fab Five: Maroon and Gold Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

This week in the “Fab Five” we have muppets, malts, and movies. Have  fun, collegiettes!

1. Muppets

Everyone’s favorite childhood television series is back! Join our favorite frog Kermit, the diva in Pink-Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang as they star in their new feature film The Muppets. With the hilarious Jason Segel joined by the lovely Amy Adams, this heart-warming film will have you singing out of the theatre and reminding you of how AWESOME your childhood was. Showings are at Coffman Memorial Union Theatre at 7 and 10 pm, both Friday and Saturday!

2.     Marvelous Malts

Malts and milkshakes weren’t just for the 50’s! This weekend stop by Annie’s Parlour in Dinkytown for arguably the BEST malt you will ever have. Reasonably priced, and food so good I know you’ll be back for more, Annie’s Parlour is a hotspot for date night for U of M collegiettes (the food portions are the perfect size to share!) Besides, it’s the perfect place to go to with that gorgeous guy in your Bio lecture that you’ve been crushing on! *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

3.     Fashion Forward

If you’re like me, you’ve spent countless hours watching Bravo’s Project Runway from the comfort of your own home, salivating over the gorgeous clothes and being outraged when the contestant you thought would win is sent home. Here’s your chance to watch it live! Gophers After Dark is putting on a Project Runway: Dark Fairytale competition right here at the U! Come cheer on your fellow Gophers as they put their creativity to the test while creating their own fashion forward masterpieces. The runway show begins at 11, Saturday night in The Whole, located downstairs in Coffman Memorial Union.

4.     Izzy’s Sundae Best

Even though we live in Minnesota, it’s never too cold for ice cream! Stop by The Whole on Saturday at 10 pm with a friend for a sweet treat. The best part? You can’t go wrong because it’s made by you! With several toppings to choose from, customize your sundae to your heart’s desire. Grab an extra spoon and try your friend’s creation as well. Then spend the rest of the evening arguing over who had the best sundae.

5.     Sex in The Twin Cities

Carrie Bradshaw may have been able to take on New York, but Minneapolis? That’s a whooole ‘nother ball game. But we could all learn a little from Ms. Bradshaw, ladies. It’s time to explore what Minneapolis has to offer. Have a “Sex in The Cities” night with your best girlfriends. First, rent the movies. Then, have each of your friends bring their favorite “mocktail” drink (or if you’re over the age of 21, your favorite mixed drink). Sip your drinks and get inspired as you watch the movies about four friends and their adventures in the Big Apple. Then, go and have your own adventure! Raid each other’s closets and put on the most glamorous outfit you can find. Grab your digital camera, and head out! Walk around Dinkytown in your Saturday best, taking pictures of yourselves and the beautiful Minneapolis skyline. I can guarantee you’ll find an adventure somewhere along the way.

And there it is, this week’s “Fab Five”. Now you have no excuses to be bored this weekend. Be safe. But most importantly, college is meant to be some of the best years of your life. So make some memories that you can look back on with a smile. And don’t forget to check back next week for more ideas!