This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Podcasts are one of the most underrated media outlets to exist. They’re portable, you can listen while you’re doing just about anything, and there’s a podcast out there to appeal to everyone. Check out these podcasts, perfect for collegiettes!

1. Call Your Girlfriend

What makes it great?

It’s a podcast perfect for long-distance best friends. Though you may be hundreds of miles away from each other, hosts Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman will make it seem like your bestie’s right there next to you when you need a little pick-me-up.

When to listen?

“Call Your Girlfriend” is perfect for when you’re really missing your bestie, or maybe just in deep thought about how much you appreciate the ladies in your life.

2. Slumber Party with Alie and Georgia

What makes it great?

Hosts Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark will bring back your memories of slumber parties and pillow fights. They hold back nothing in their witty conversations about anything from their favorite cocktails to their scariest ghost stories.

When to listen?

“Slumber Party with Alie and Georgia” is the perfect podcast for when you need a little energy boost. Put it on when you’re having your girls’ night in!

3. The Back Talk

What makes it great?

This podcast specifically features young women of color. Through their conversations, essays and stories, women of all races are free to speak their mind about relevant and pressing issues.

When to listen?

“The Back Talk” is really perfect in any situation. Whether you’re on the bus or laying in bed, it’s always a great time to expand your mind on social issues and gain new perspectives.

4. Stuff Mom Never Told You

What makes it great?

“Stuff Mom Never Told You” really breaks down what it means to be a woman. They tackle every issue imaginable from politics to boy problems to periods, all from a fiercely feminist viewpoint.

When to listen?

Listen to this podcast when you need help with something… anything! Go back through the archives and you’re guaranteed to find something that speaks to your current life problem or situation.

5. She Did It Her Way

What makes it great?

This podcast features a different woman every week, and the ladies that speak are some serious #goals. “She Did It Her Way” features successful women entrepreneurs who have really made an impact in their area of expertise.

When to listen?

“She Did It Her Way” is the perfect podcast for when you need a little career inspiration. The next time you feel like your academic or professional life is at a stand-still, put this on and you’re sure to pick up some motivation!

Pop in your earbuds and listen to one of these empowering podcasts the next time you’re on the bus or lounging on the couch. Some may invoke a few tears and others will leave you laughing hysterically, but you’ll be able to relate to all on different levels!

Kaylee Shields

Minnesota '18

Kaylee is the President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Minnesota. She's a junior studying journalism with a minor in leadership, and loves all things HC! Her favorite things to write about? Students who are making a difference in the UMN community, relationships and dating, and local news in the Twin Cities.