21 GIFs That Are Literally You and Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Whether they’re our roommate, sister or someone we just met a month ago, best friends hold a special place in our hearts. We’re not sure what our lives would be like without them, but that’s something we never want to imagine. They’re here for us in our darkest times and brightest moments. They love us more than life itself. So, here’s to our best friends and all the joy they bring into our lives!

1. You never feel ashamed for having a good ugly cry in front of them.

2. When one of you is busy, the other feels lost and alone.

3. Your conversations aren’t always “meaningful,” but they’re the best nonetheless.

4. You each have a very specific role and personality within your relationship.

5. There’s nothing you love more than a long car ride with your best friend.

6. You’re always ready to act as wing-woman for your best friend if they need it.

7. Everything is just a little more exciting when you’re together.

8. You can always count on your best friend to build you up when you’re having a bad day.

9. They’ve seen you in your most vulnerable and exposed states, but it’s no biggie.

10. Your best friend has the honor of receiving the ugliest of your ugly snapchats.

11. But they’re also there to approve of a selfie of yours before it’s posted for the world to see.

12. Other people just don’t seem to understand what goes on when you’re together, but that’s fine.

13. Not only are they your best friend, but they’re also your biggest cheerleader.

14. Even when your ideas suck, your best friend is there to support you.

15. You never feel the need to explain your strange antics around each other.

16. You remind each other that you’re best friends often, if not daily.

17. All it takes is a certain look and the other knows exactly what to do.

18. You’re just as comfortable around their family as you are around your own.

19. When talking about future life plans, your best friend is more involved in them than anyone else.

20. There’s never any question as to whether your best friend is being honest with you or not.

21. No matter what, you love each other more than anything in the world.

Kaylee Shields

Minnesota '18

Kaylee is the President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Minnesota. She's a junior studying journalism with a minor in leadership, and loves all things HC! Her favorite things to write about? Students who are making a difference in the UMN community, relationships and dating, and local news in the Twin Cities.