What Your Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dish Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s that time of year again. The holidays are right around the corner. Many people go straight from Halloween to Christmas, so I thought I would dedicate an article to the often-forgotten Thanksgiving. Tag yourself under your favorite Thanksgiving side dish!

Stuffing

Stuffing has many components to it. You are a person who has many different hobbies and interests. You are always down for trying something new. You also have different aspects of your personality. Sometimes you are comforting and warm, while other times you are spicy and fun. 

Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes are a comfort food, so you are a person who likes to be comforted. Whether it be your favorite food, a good book, or being surrounded by the people you love, you find joy in life’s comforting moments. You also give off love and warmth to others around you. 

Cranberry Sauce

You are very sweet—sometimes too sweet for others’ liking. Don’t be discouraged, you are a refined taste, and the people in your life will show you how special you are. You are also vibrant and full of life. You’re the splash of color in others’ lives, brightening their day. You are the perfect balance alongside other savory dishes.

Rolls or Biscuits

You are a fan favorite, and everyone loves you. You are not hard to please, and you enjoy the simple things in life. You are also very versatile and can adapt to many different situations life throws at you. Whether it be butter, jelly, or jam, you are ready to take on and absorb new experiences to satisfy you.

Sweet Potato With Pecans
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

Sweet Potato Casserole

You are a special type of person who knows how to attract your tribe. The people in your life matter a lot to you because it took time and effort to acquire them in your support system. You sometimes appear very fluffy and sweet on the outside, but once you open up to people you trust, they will get to see the beautiful person you are on the inside as well.

Green Beans

First of all, you are a different breed. Who says, “green beans” when someone asks what your favorite side dish is? Maybe you have a carb intolerance or just love veggies, but I wish I was more like you. You are very healthy and take time to put into yourself, whether it be physically, mentally, or spiritually. You set goals and work very hard to achieve them. Many people envy you because of the hard work you put into yourself in order to be successful.

Macaroni and Cheese

Lastly, we have mac and cheese. This is not always a traditional Thanksgiving side dish, so you are non-traditional. You love your pasta and are not willing to sacrifice it for the holidays. However, we can’t blame you because pasta is good so we will accept it. You stand by your beliefs and will advocate for them when given the chance. Keep being you and doing what makes you happy. 

So, when you reach to dish out your favorite food at Thanksgiving this year, reflect on what it says about you. I hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

HCXO,

Rachel

Rachel Ritchey

Millersville '22

Rachel Ritchey is a senior public relations major at Millersville University. Rachel is the President of the Millersville University Her Campus Chapter. She is also the PR Chair of the All Campus Musical Organization and a member of Navigators. She is passionate about type 1 diabetes awareness, women empowerment, social media management, music, mental health, and self-care. ♡