This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Welcome back to the ‘Ville everyone! As a commuter student this year, I realized that so many of my fellow commuter friends had no idea of the great places our campus has to offer us. I want to countdown my top five hidden gems that all students, not just commuters, should check out on our campus. Let’s get started…

5. Study Rooms in McNairy Library 

Need a quiet place to sit down and study? Looking for a place to finally finish your group project? The study rooms in the McNairy Library are a hot spot for students! From personal experience, I personally enjoy the top floor rooms but you have to get there quickly because they are always the first to go. These rooms have whiteboards, tables, and chairs, and they are good for keeping your sound down when working with others in the library.

4. Adams House 

Adams House is so easily passed by when students are rushing to and from classes. This building is located right at the intersection by the SMC. You can stop in there during their business hours for so many cool free resources for students, including free printing, study rooms, podcast rooms, a photography studio, and free coffee!

3. Phantom Power 

While I have never personally visited it, I think this place is so cool, though it’s easy to pass by without noticing. Located right down the road from the library, Phantom Power is a live music venue that has many bands and artists come to play. They have a beer garden for 21+ guests to enjoy on the weekends. They are kid and dog-friendly here, too! They allow food to be brought into the venue and they also often have food trucks on site. It is so cute with string lights hanging and lit up outside to enjoy the weather in the evenings. They also list a microbrewery, event spaces, and tasting room on their online site!

https://www.phantompower.net

2. Sue Walker Library in Stayer

Calling all education majors!  This library is located on the first floor inside Stayer. It houses award-winning books in many genres like young adult, juvenile stories, non-fiction, and so much more! The materials are easy to check out and are great to use for class projects rather than spending money on your books.

https://www.facebook.com/stayerlibrary/

1. The HUB 

Finally, my top spot! If you know me personally, you know that the HUB is my second home on campus. I can’t stress enough to all of my friends how awesome this place truly is. There are so many free events you can attend at this place, no other obligation is necessary! 

My favorite time to visit is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-1 when they have free tacos and lunches for all the students :) I have also really enjoyed the scrumptious french toast and bacon that they have on Fridays 9 pm-midnight because they usually have live music playing too while you eat. 

Some of the other cool things I have discovered at the HUB are the pool table, the board games, their bingo night, and their lounge areas that I have used to catch up with many friends. This place is a must-stop to discover your own favorite spots! 

https://www.hubmu.org

I hope you guys check out some of these campus spots and enjoy these hidden gems as much as I have! It can be our little secret lol.

HCXO,

Madi 

Madison Glatfelter

Millersville '24

Madi is a senior at Millersville majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in General English. Some of her hobbies include playing volleyball, nannying for families, and participating in ECHO and KDP on campus. Madi is passionate about school-work-life balance, relationships, organization, self-care, and life/school hacks.