This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

We are all a result of the experiences and people in our lives. While you get to decide who you are, there is no denying that those you surround yourself with also have an influence. College has brought me the best of friends and I have loved growing up with them these past few years. Here is one reason why each of them means so much to me.

To my core two…

Sarah gets me on a level I never knew a friend could. We are one and the same and the comfort that brings me on my good and bad days is something I could never explain. She was my first best friend here at college and I owe so much of my sanity these past few years to her. She always knows what to say, to do, and I will genuinely be shocked if I ever find another person I operate so similarly to.

Kristen is my twin when it comes to interests. If I like a TV show, I know she will too. If she wants to see a movie, she is certain I will be just as interested. Spend hours on hours at the dance studio messing around? She is there. And do not even get me started on our hour long conversations that feel like minutes. There is no one else I would rather discuss Euphoria or the fate of our existence with.

To my new gal pals…

Laura is one intuitive girl, and there is nothing I love more than when we quite literally read each others minds. I am about to drive through a red light, she freezes, which somehow makes me realize I need to stop. I do not want to go to the dance studio early but I tell her yes anyways, she messages and says she does not want to go anymore. She gets me on an unspoken level I never knew existed, but I am so glad does.

Christine is one of the kindest people I have every met. And while I applaud myself on how easy it is for me to stick up for myself and others, there are many times I find myself wishing I could just be that innocently nice. It sounds so simple, but it is such a difficult thing to master because Christine does not try, she is just a good person deep down, and I love her for that.

Abby is such a light. It does not matter where or when I am running into her, she always has a story for me that somehow stumps the last. And the smile that crosses her face anytime she talks is intoxicating. I also sort of have her to thank for the next five people I have had the joy of getting to know, so I owe her big time.

To the boys…

Danny is the most empathetic male I have ever met, and I mean that in the most adoring way. I always feel looked after when he is around, and there is no doubt in my mind he genuinely cares about each of his friends’ feelings immensely, including my own.

Matt is someone I just flat-out relate to, which is harder to find in a person than one might realize. I can always count on him to understand a thought or feeling without explanation, and that is something I never realized I would appreciate so much.

AJ is honest, always. You want the cold hard truth? Go to him. You might not like what he has to say, but you can always expect his honest opinion on any situation. He is pretty funny, too–I will definitely give him that.

Riley is quiet, but a good time when you get to know him. Not to mention, he is always down to listen to “Love Story,” so what more can I say?

Jack is just such a friendly and happy person. You want to smile? Go and talk to Jack. He always has something to say to make you laugh with him or at him, and his sweet smile will put one on your face, too.

College is definitely an emotional journey, and it certainly does not get easier as the four years progress. But friends make it so worth it. I hope each of you reading this find people as amazing as this to share the beginning of the rest of your life with.

HCXO,

Gabby

Gabby Krick

Millersville '23

Gabby is a senior studying all things business and is the social media and marketing chair for Her Campus at Millersville. Dancing and choreographing are what she loves most outside of the world of writing. You can also find her at the gym, reading, baking, or planning a themed party.