This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The start of the semester is stressful. No one is ever ready to leave summer behind and buckle down for fifteen weeks of assignments. Now, I am not saying I missed the workload that comes with being a college student, but I did miss the hustle and bustle vibe on campus as faculty and students go about their days. Mostly, though, I missed the library.

The library is like a second home to me; I’m there every day during the moments I don’t have class and I’m not in my apartment. I like the peace and quiet you can get on the sixth and seventh floors. I love getting a drink from Starbucks in the morning before class…then getting it again when I need a midday pick me up. 

There is something so comforting about being surrounded by books. Maybe it’s because I’m an English major/bookworm, but the library is my safe space on campus. Everything I need is in there. If I get hungry or thirsty, I can go downstairs to Starbucks and get refreshments. If I need a place to study or write, I can go to the quiet floors. If I need to give my brain a break from reading textbooks, I can browse through the fiction section (although I probably shouldn’t ignore my TBR pile like that). If I need to print something, there are plenty of places to do it. If I have questions about where to find a book or how to begin a research project, there are librarians who are more than happy to assist me. 

Do you have a favorite spot on campus? Connect with Her Campus Millersville on social media and share your go-to place with us!

HCXO, Cam

Camryn Gurecki

Millersville '25

Camryn is in the Class of '25 at Millersville University. She is currently pursuing a degree in English: Writing Studies with a minor in Strategic Public Relations. In her free time, she enjoys reading, painting, crocheting and listening to music.