This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

With the holidays approaching every student is starting to prepare for the break with one thing on their minds, “what to do over Thanksgiving break?” Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some holiday fun ideas to try with close friends or family.

Connect with an old friend

Reach out to that long lost friend you’ve wanted to reconnect with for a while now, but have been too distracted with life to get around to it. Maybe go out to a local restaurant or bundle up and go for a nature filled hike to catch up on each other’s lives.

Friends-giving

Not going home for the holidays and want a less orthodox turkey day? Gather a couple friends, divvy up who’s responsible for bringing a certain food item, lay down a festive tablecloth to keep things fun and prevent from spills, and finally turn on some cheery music to add a positive, cozy mood.

Turkey Trots

Gather up a few friends or family members and start your holiday off with a quick workout before shoving your face with endless deserts later.

Black Friday Shopping

Treat yourself! If you have a little extra spending money and are willing to wake up a little earlier than usual, then call up a family member or bestie, and go buy those boots you’ve been wanting.

Movie day

Cozy up with a loved one next to the fire and throw on some holiday classics. Nothing brings out the holiday spirit like a good “Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”.

*All photos courtesy of Google

Carly O'Neill

Millersville '21

Hi my name is Carly! I am a Sophomore at Millersville University, majoring in Communications and Media Broadcasting, with a minor in International Studies. I joined Her Campus this semester as the aspiring journalist I am, hoping to gain as much experience as I possibly can during my time here at Millersville. I also love hiking and consider myself a full-time adventurer!