This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Age: 22

Hometown: Richboro, PA

Why did you choose Millersville?

I really loved the campus when I saw it. The campus is the perfect size–it’s not a big school, but it’s not incredibly small either. Plus I had heard good things about the school.

What is your favorite thing about Millersville?

My favorite thing about Millersville is probably the campus. It’s so pretty and very homey; I love walking around the pond. Plus of course I love the friends that I have made here. They have made my college experience so enjoyable.

What is your major and why did you choose it?

I am a social work major. I chose it because I really like helping people and this seemed like a good fit for my personality. Also, Millersville has a really good social work program, the classes here are great. There is a stereotype that social work is an easy slacker major, but it’s harder than you think. It’s a lot of volunteering. I think it takes a special type of person to be a social worker an I don’t think just anybody can or should do it. 

What has been your favorite class at Millersville?

Probably my Social Work Practice class.

What is your favorite part of your classes?

I really like my classes. I hardly even think of them as classes. They’re more like seminars–it’s real life stuff that makes me feel very prepared for the future. It doesn’t feel like a normal college class. Plus this degree will allow me to work with the age group I would like to work with, which is the elderly.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus?

I love to go out with my friends. We love going to karaoke at House of Pizza every Thursday!

What is something you would like to do before you graduate?

Try to make as many connections as I can so that once I graduate I can get a good job in my field.

What is your dream job?

I want to work at a nursing home as a geriatric social worker. 

What are your plans for after graduation?

I plan on moving back home for a while and trying to get a job in the Bucks County or Philadelphia area. 

What is something someone would be surprised to know about you?

I am a promo model for Preston and Steve, which is a radio show for a rock station in the Philadelphia area. 

What is your favorite TV show?

Law and Order SVU by far. I think I have seen every episode, except some of the new ones from this season because I don’t have cable at my house on campus. I plan on catching up over break, I record all of the new episodes. 

What is your biggest pet peeve?

It’s kind of silly, but I hate when guys take your phone to put their number in instead of asking you for yours. I just think it’s kind of rude and presumptuous. 

What is your biggest fear?

I’m scared for the future and losing touch with friends from here. 

Where would you most like to travel?

Well I have never been out of the country, so anywhere out of the country. My first choice would be somewhere tropical–somewhere with palm trees and clear ocean water like Jamaica or the Bahamas. 

I am an English major with a minor in History. I am a senior at Millersville University about to make my way out into the real world. I would love to keep writing and doing the kinds of things HerCampus has given me the opportunity to do. School and extracurricuar activities keep me busy, so you'll often find me buzzed on caffiene, but in the free time I do have I tend to binge watch way too much Netflix. Awesome friends, an amazing boyfriend, and great music keep me centered. 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3