This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

This article is for those of you who think it is blasphemous to start playing Christmas songs in November. Saturday Night Live has been having guests sing original Thanksgiving songs since 1992 with Adam Sandler being the first. 

Here are SNL Thanksgiving songs from the past six years:

2014 – Back Home Baller

“Back Home Baller” features Kate McKinnon, Cecily Strong, Sasheer Zamata, Vanessa Bayer, Leslie Jones, Cameron Diaz and Lil’ Baby Aidy Bryant, who are all home for Thanksgiving. The song is about how their parents do everything for them while they are home. 

2015 – A Thanksgiving Miracle

I couldn’t find a song for this year, but I did find a skit in which a family (Beck Bennett, Jay Pharoah, Cecily Strong, Aidy Bryant, Matthew McConaughey, Kate McKinnon, Vanessa Bayer) cannot stop fighting during Thanksgiving dinner. The only thing that brings peace is Adele’s song “Hello.” 

2016 – Kristen Wiig’s Thanksgiving Monologue

Kristen Wiig sings about the “history” of Thanksgiving. 

2017 – Chance-giving Monologue

This song is performed by Chance the Rapper and highlights what Thanksgiving looks like with the whole family. 

2018 – Friends-giving

A group of friends are having Thanksgiving dinner together, when two strangers (Steve Carell and Cecily Strong) realize they both know the same Thanksgiving song and try to get the rest of the guests to recognize it. 

2019 – 

I could not find a new song from 2019. Instead, Thanksgiving was celebrated with a video from 1996 in which guests auditioned with their Thanksgiving songs. This video ends with Adam Sandler’s Thanksgiving song. 

HCXO, 

Nakiah

Nakiah Baker

Millersville '23

Nakiah is a sophomore transfer student from Messiah College, now attending Millersville University. She is majoring in Secondary Education with a concentration in English. Her hobbies include reading, writing, hanging out with friends and family, and exercising.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3