This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Whether you’re a freshman or a senior in college, the pressure of graduation is always there; you’re always thinking about what you will do after you graduate. People are constantly asking yo,u “Oh so what will you do with your degree?” or, “Will you go here or there?” Usually, you’ll just smile and nod saying you’re working on it or answer with something vague to get them off your back, but then you get home and it all sinks in, you’ll be out of college sooner than later and you have no idea what the H-E- double hockey sticks you’re going to do with your life. You might get angry or start to cry (usually what I do). 

It took 1,000 years to build the Roman Empire, which became the longest lasting empire.You won’t be able to completely craft your entire life in a day, don’t put that kind of pressure on yourself.

It’s hard to imagine that you will be able to do anything after college, whether it be because of college debt, difficulty of getting a job in your field, or whatever else plagues your mind at 3 A.M. when thinking about your future. 

Ignore the people who question your every move, listen to the people who support you and lift you up. Ignore the, “Oh you don’t know what you’re doing after college?” listen to the, “Oh that’s okay! We can figure it out together, I’m here if you need me.” 

Walt Disney was fired from a newspaper in 1919, being told he lacked creativity. Four years later in 1923, he founded the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, the start of one of the largest media companies in the world. Graduating from college is just another step to starting your own Roman Empire or Disney Studio. Keep your head up and continue working towards your goals, no matter what.

HCXO, Erika

Erika Stewart

Millersville '20

"be the moon and inspire people even when you're far from full" Millersville '20, History and PR Major, avid Lady Gaga fan and kinda of, sorta, a mess
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3