Life > Experiences

Ranking some of my family’s Thanksgiving food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.
  1. Mac ‘n’ cheese

This is why I am so excited for holiday meals. I love mac ‘n’ cheese and this is a food that I always go back for second serving of. 

1. Mashed potatoes 

I also really like creamy mashed potatoes and this is another food that I go get seconds for. This is also really good when there is gravy to go with it. 

1. Ham

My mom makes a really good ham that has a brown sugar glaze on the it. This is also a food that I go get second servings of. 

1. Cucumber salad

This is an option that not many people have but that my grandma always brings. It includes tomatoes, cucumber, vinegar and other stuff as well.

1. Deviled eggs

This is always a controversial food in my house with what mayonnaise that my mom uses. Some people want “real mayonnaise” like Hellman’s while others want Miracle Whip. My mom also does a really good job at making these too. 

1. Turkey 

Our turkey is alright, usually it is somewhat dry but when I put gravy on the turkey it make it a little better. 

1. Bread

Can’t go wrong with bread, especially if it is well done. 

1. Sweat potatoes 

These are the only thing on this list that I never eat and never will. No other explanation needed.

Rylie Shanebrook

Millersville '26

I am currently a Biology major at Millersville with a concentration in animal behavior hoping to get into vet school. My favorite color is blue and I am a cat person the most. I currently have five pets who live at home.