This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

These past three weeks have been really odd, difficult honestly, in so many ways. One of the biggest ways that it has been difficult for me is because I struggle to create a routine for me to follow each day. Over the past three weeks, I have begun to perfect my daily routine and have stuck to it *almost* each day. Below is my typical daily schedule:

1. Wake Up

So I typically wake up around 8:30 am and then I allow myself to play on my phone until around the hour of 9 am! This gives me time to slowly wake up and relax in bed before getting my day started. I know that this is not typically suggested in the morning, but I enjoy it and you should not feel bad if you choose to do the same!

2. Eat Breakfast

I like to eat breakfast around 9:30 in the morning and I typically will make a bagel and eggs, or a breakfast sandwich. I also make sure to fill up my Hydroflask and start chugging some water so I can get a jump start on my water intake. I also like to brew a cup of coffee during this time because it makes me feel awake and gives me something to look forward to in the morning. 

3. Workout

I like to give my food a little time to digest, so typically around 11 I will head downstairs to workout for a bit. I am thankful enough that I have a treadmill and a weight set to use at my house for my workouts. If you do not have any of these pieces of equipment, take a walk or run outside! Any exercise is good exercise!

4. Shower

After my workout, I will go upstairs and take a shower and get myself dressed for the day. I have been switching back and forth between dressing up and having sweatpant days. I also have been allowing my hair to air dry most of the time, and have been giving my skin a break from makeup unless I need to get myself dressed up.

5. Work Time

Around the hours of 1 pm to 3 pm, I allow myself to get some work done. I currently am student teaching so my work time is a little different than most, but take some time in the afternoon to focus and get all of your schoolwork done. I like giving myself a “short” time frame to get my work done so that I stay really focused during that time. Obviously, if you have classes that you have to “attend,” this schedule might look a little different for you. 

6. Snack/Break

Around this time (3 pm) I will take a break to grab a snack and make a second cup of coffee. 

7. Work Time

I will get back to work around 3:30 and work until about 5:30/6 pm. I will typically use this time to finish up any school work I have and then apply to some jobs before I finish up. 

After this, I will have dinner with my family and then watch some tv or movies for the rest of the night! I hope that my routine inspires you to create your own!! Stay healthy and happy ladies!!

HCXO, Lexie 

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3