selfie of woman with artsy background and flowers
Canva/Jenna Case
Life > Experiences

Meet Next Year’s President, Jenna Case!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Jenna Case in our Millersville HC Chapter! She is our current Secretary and an absolute beauty inside and out! I loved learning more about who she is as a person through this interview. Also, she got elected as our chapter’s President for next school year! That is an amazing and exciting accomplishment. I cannot wait to see how she leads our girl gang to growth and more opportunities to come! I admire her for how driven she is, especially to bring about change for women going into STEM fields. So, let’s meet this girl boss!

What made you choose your major?

Jenna is an Applied Engineering Major with an Occupational Safety Minor. She is a sophomore with senior credit (you, go girl!). Jenna really likes math, but she did not want to go into finance because she thought it seemed boring. Her mom actually picked her major, and she ended up really liking it!

If you’re having a bad day, what is your go-to snack to make you feel better?

Twizzlers! She especially loves the world’s largest Twizzlers from Hershey’s Chocolate World!

What is a movie that never gets old for you?

Jenna never gets tired of the movie “Fried Green Tomatoes.” She would watch it every day after school in eighth grade. She became completely obsessed with it ever since she bought it at Wal-Mart in the $5.00 DVD bin! It has nostalgic value to her. 

In your free time, what do you work towards?

In her free time, Jenna writes Her Campus articles and comes up with ideas for new ones. You will find her doing anything hands-on and creative, especially painting. She is a cat person, so she also loves to hang with her cat named Fern. She spends the majority of her time doing homework because she is a very good student as well!

What would be the theme song of your life and why?

The theme song to Jenna’s life would be “Canyon Moon” by Harry Styles. She fell in love with the sound rather than the lyrics. The sound reflects who she is as a person which is fun, folksy, and chill. She is very folksy at home with her mom and family. In the song, he says “Jenny” which is what her mom calls her. The song is on repeat in her head all day because it just sticks with her.

What talents do you possess that not a lot of people know about?

Jenna can wiggle her ears, and she likes to paint new Kermit memes for her mom. She is an expert at time management, which she learned how to do through balancing her activities and many studies over the years.

If you could make a difference in the world, what would you be known for?

Jenna wants to make a difference for women in STEM careers. Since she has already had a lot of issues arise in the classroom surrounding the stigma around women going into her major, she cannot imagine what the work world will be like. Progress is being made towards it, but it’s not where it needs to be yet.

What does Her Campus mean to you?

Her Campus is one of the most important things in Jenna’s life right now. To her, it means friendship and acceptance. It was a way for her to make lifelong friends that taught her how much her worth is and what true friendship is.

What emotion do you experience the most?

She experiences being calm the most. When she’s out with friends, she has a lot of energy and sometimes she is all over the place. Once she is in her own space, she has another side to her. She just likes to have quiet afternoons and early mornings and do her own thing. 

What are you most thankful for?

Jenna is most thankful for her mom. Her mom has taught her everything she knows from how to use a spoon to how to file her taxes. She is her biggest supporter and pushes her to be the best she can be. She would not be where she is today without her mom.

If you could only keep three possessions, what would you keep and why?

Jenna would choose to keep her cat, broccoli plush from Ikea, and phone. She would keep her cat because she is her best friend. She loves to just sit with her, so it would also be entertainment. She would keep her broccoli plush because she sleeps with it every night and it would serve as a pillow too. Jenna would choose her phone because she would still want to talk to her friends! 

What was one of your most defining moments in life?

Her most defining moment was getting accepted into HACC’s dual enrollment program when she was a sophomore in high school. That’s when she realized what she could actually do with her life and it gave her something to look forward to.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

She aspires to have a PhD in engineering and live out west. She wants to live in Utah or Colorado because she loves how the mountains look. Jenna wants to live on a mini farm with chickens, ducks, and maybe a cow. Getting married would be nice to her so she could share it with someone.

If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you pick and why?

Jenna would have to go with the new Netflix show, The Circle. She feels like the only way she could be interesting on reality TV is on a show that involves social media because she is not confrontational at all. She feels like reality TV involves a lot of confrontation, and that is not what she gravitates towards.

If you could pick one word to describe you, what would it be and why?

One word to describe Jenna is “kind” or “gentle.” She tries her hardest to not hurt people and just be helpful and do whatever she can to help people. She just wants everyone to feel like they have a person if they need it, and she would do anything she could to help someone who needed it.

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Jenna, our upcoming Her Campus Millersville President, as much as I did! She is an absolute gem, and I cannot wait to see what she does with our chapter this coming year! Send your love and support to her, everyone!

Check out Jenna’s awesome articles here!

Check out Jenna’s Instagram pictures here!

HCXO, Rachel

Rachel Ritchey

Millersville '22

Rachel Ritchey is a senior public relations major at Millersville University. Rachel is the President of the Millersville University Her Campus Chapter. She is also the PR Chair of the All Campus Musical Organization and a member of Navigators. She is passionate about type 1 diabetes awareness, women empowerment, social media management, music, mental health, and self-care. ♡