Marshall Hild: More than a GA

Age: 22

Hometown: Pennsburg, Pa.

Major: School Counseling 

Year: First Year Graduate Student  

Twitter/Instagram: I don't have either. 

Why did you choose Millersville University? I was originally a math education major and Millersville is a very good education school that is not too expensive. 

What is your favorite memory here at Millersville? Last year when I was a Resident Assistant (RA). The staff at Gaige and I participated in a photo contest where we took letters that spelled out Millersville and took pictures all around campus. We didn’t win any prizes, but we had a lot of fun trying to stand in lines and actually spell out Millersville.

Why did you choose your major? Well, I was originally a math education major because I like math and helping and interacting with people. I found out that teaching wasn't for me, so after I received my undergraduate in math education I decided to come back to get my master's in school counseling. I figured out that I really enjoyed counseling because that was my favorite part of an RA position. 

What are you involved with on campus? I am the Graduate Assistant for Getaway Weekend and I am the current Graduate Assistant (GA) for Harbold Hall, a freshman dorm here on campus. 

What is your favorite part of being GA? Seeing a bunch of different personalities and interacting with all these different people. I also love people watching, so I like being able to see a bunch of different people interact. 

Why did you decice to become a GA? I loved being an RA and working in housing. I love working with people and I think that I fit a lot of the requirements of being a GA.

Do you have a mantra or quote that you live by?