This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Ah yes, it’s the exciting yet terrifying time of year where you buy new notebooks and pencils, move into a new dorm room, and meet new classmates that you’ll bond with over the stress of classes. It’s back-to-school time! Now, don’t get me wrong, I love school. As a future elementary school teacher, there’s something magical about the smell of new books. But after the first few weeks of school, the days begin to crawl slowly past and motivation starts running low. These are times where most students get wrapped up in procrastination. One of the first things to go is the use of a planner. However, a planner is so important to use while at college! Staying organized is hard yet incredibly rewarding. To combat this loss of wanting to use a planner, I’ve compiled a few of my favorite ways to make your planner more exciting for you!

Use your planner for more than just homework

Planners can be used for a place to brainstorm meal ideas, create a braindump, track habits, and write down your favorite movies/books. Do a quick Pinterest search and look at all the fun ideas that people use! Here’s a pin to get you started.

Use fun pens

A fun colored pen can change everything! Write down your assignments in different colors to shake things up.

Learn a new font

Again, Pinterest will be your best friend for this one! I am a big fan of fake calligraphy; calligraphy-looking writing done without a brush pen. Find a fun lettering style and practice by writing out your favorite song lyrics, quotes, and school assignments. 

Add doodles

When writing out your school assignments, work obligations, and social plans, add some doodles to make you smile! They can relate to what you’re writing or just be plants with smiley faces on them. 

Add photos

Print out photos of you, your friends, aesthetically pleasing images from Pinterest, your celebrity crush, etc and tape or glue them right into your planner. This is a helpful way to make your planner more personal!

Want more? Check out Pinterest for ideas! Your planner should be a fun place for you to write down the important moments of your life. Enjoy it! Have a cute planner? Take a pic of it and tag us on Instagram! We’d love to see :)

HCXO,  Hannah

Hannah Newman

Millersville '20

Hannah Newman is a senior at Millersville University, studying Early Childhood Education with an integrative STEM methods minor. She has been writing for Her Campus for over two years, and is loving being the president of such an awesome chapter.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3