This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

In a rare moment of relaxation Jessica Do, senior broadcast major, reflected on her upcoming schedule for the rest of the semester.

“You pretty have to make an appointment to hang out with me now, this the first time in a long time where I’m not working or doing homework,” Jess laughed. But its true; she is one busy person.

The Hatfield native had just finished a successful term as National Boardcasting Society president when she sat down for the interview. Her time as president was quite impressive; she organized a trip for the members of NBS to Hollywood where they attended the National Convention (and took home a few awards), she was co-captain of the NBS Relay for Life team, which raised over 2,100 dollars, and she helped organize and build the top float in last year’s homecoming parade. 

As she reflected on her time as president, Jess said, “It’s been a great 12 months as the NBS President and I’m a little sad to say goodbye, but it’s time for someone else to have those memories”.

If you’re looking for a career in broadcasting, Jess highly recommends joining MUTV and NBS. The clubs meet every Wednesday in Hash 212 at 9 and 9:30 respectively.

Jess was not only the past NBS president, she is still currently the PSSA chairperson for MUTV, she works for the event staff for home sporting events, a video intern in the marketing department and because she is a member of the honors college, she is currently working on her senior thesis. Free time is a valued commodity in Jess’s life and when she has it, she spends it with friends, eating, sleeping and catching up on TV shows.

Jess spent last spring as an intern for the Today Show in New York City where she got to meet Katie Couric, Al Roker and she had a few strange run-ins with Matt Lauer. Jess said, “I accidentally hung up on Matt Lauer once, and I almost lost his coat!”

Although she loved the experience in New York, she missed Millersville. “MU is a place to grow,” she said “MU helped me grow… it feels natural because of the lifestyle. It’s a great pace.”

Jess’s sister Linda played a large role in guiding her towards Millersville. Jess spent her whole senior year at North Penn living in the school’s TV studio. “I didn’t know what I wanted to be when I was younger, and my sister told me to try out production. It turns out I was pretty good at.”

Linda Do is now a nurse but Jess is about to start working as an associate producer at JPL Creative in Harrisburg next semester.

Her favorite memory at Millersville was the BoysLikeGirls concert during her freshman year, it was the first time she left her dorm and did something on campus. When asked what advice she would give her self from freshman, Jess said, “enjoy college and appreciate the people around you.”

Its safe to say the people appreciate having her around now.

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.