This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Time has honestly flown by. I remember walking up to the table during the fall involvement fair and being intrigued by the cute merch on the table. I left that table with a newfound interest in joining a writing club, something I never thought I would become involved with while being at Millersville. I met some incredibly kind people and found a little community of people I could relate to and bond with. I started college the year of the Covid shutdown and I worried I’d never get the chance to find my place, but between Her Campus and Club Volleyball, I can confidently say I have found my people! 

Her Campus Members at holiday party holding presents
Photo by Rachel Ritchey

Thank you to the club for helping me grow in my leadership. I used to be super quiet and shy and have slowly grown out of that, thankfully. I am grateful for Her Campus for allowing me to have more confidence in myself in a leadership role. Being the secretary of the Millersville Chapter has encouraged me to be a role model to others, better my communication and collaboration skills, and most importantly gain confidence in my skills as a leader to others. Soon, I will be the leader of 20-30 elementary kiddos in one room lol so I think this will help me a ton as I segue into my teaching career. 

Thank you to this club for allowing me to reach out of my comfort zone as a writer. I have always loved reading books and my favorite subject was always ELA, but mainly for reading. I was a good writer but didn’t necessarily enjoy sharing my work or writing for fun. Joining this club allowed me to gain a new perspective on what writing can look like. I gravitated towards listicles because they became such a fun format for me to brainstorm and write my articles. 

Thank you to this club for helping build my communication skills. Being a Secretary comes with lots of communication and collaboration with others. I am so grateful for being given the responsibility of communicating the club’s important information to our group. I absolutely loved doing the newsletter each, or every other, week. This skill will transfer to my career as a teacher because efficient parent-teacher communication is CRITICAL!   

Being Together Season 4 GIF by The Good Place - Find & Share on GIPHY

Much love to this club, my fellow exec board, our club members, and Millersville in general for everything it has given me during my college journey. I will miss it all, minus the workload, and wish the best for Her Campus at Millersville!! 

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN - Find & Share on GIPHY

Much Love,

Madi G

Madison Glatfelter

Millersville '24

Madi is a senior at Millersville majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in General English. Some of her hobbies include playing volleyball, nannying for families, and participating in ECHO and KDP on campus. Madi is passionate about school-work-life balance, relationships, organization, self-care, and life/school hacks.