How To Manage End of The Semester Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The end of the semester can be extremely busy, and with this comes lots of stress. It is important that we all try our best to stay healthy during this stress, and also look out for other women around us to make sure that they are doing the same. Below are a few tips on how to manage stress and make sure that your body stays healthy.

1. Eat Well Balanced Meals

I feel this this is an obvious one, but it is so often overlooked when we feel the effects of stress coming on. Food helps to fuel your body and keep it running the way it should, so if you do not give your body that fuel it will begin to shut down. When you are busy with the end of the semester you want all the good energy you can get, so try incorporating well balance meals into your everyday routine. 

2. Exercise Regularly

This is something that I definitely need to work on for myself as well. Exercising not only helps to keep our body in shape, but it will relieve the stress that you had before your workout too! Try going to the gym for just 30 minutes every day and I bet you will see an improvement in your stress levels. 

3. Learn To Manage Work

Stress is something that can be so easily avoided if you take time to plan out your schedule correctly. So often I see people become stressed due to cramming, and that is the worst way to go about things. If you take the time to evenly plan out your schedules, then you will be able to manage your stress in a healthier way. 

4. Incorporate Time For Fun

So often we think that when we are stressed during the semester we need to only focus on our work and homework that we need to do. It is definitely important to get those things accomplished, but it is also super important to make small amounts of time to do something for yourself. Think of whatever activities make you happy and then try and incorporate into your schedule to relieve some of your stress and give your brain a break. 

As you all probably know, stress can cause serious mental and physical problems to your body. It is important that we learn how to manage our stress so that we keep our bodies as healthy as can be. Look out for yourself, but also those who are suffering from extreme stress during this time in the semester. Keep pushing through the last few weeks of the semester!!

HCXO,

Lexie

Lexie Sites

Millersville '20

Hi! My name is Lexie Sites and I am a Early Childhood Education major with a STEM minor! HerCampus has allowed me to push my comfort zone, so I hope you enjoy reading my articles! HCXO, Lexie
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3