How to Find the Right Handbag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

When shopping for a new handbag keep in mind three things; style, quality and cost. A handbag is the most important accessory a women can have. Most people know that we can not go anywhere without one. Regardless of the occasion, there is a handbag that goes along with anything! A handbag shapes a women’s sense of style and when shopping for a designer handbag or just a everyday handbag; style, quality and cost must come into play.

Even though they’re nothing new, shoulder bags are one of the top bags in 2011. It fits comfortably over the shoulder and it’s spacious. It’s in every fashion collection.

A bag that’s coming back , and one of my faves, is the cross-body bag. It can be small or large and it leaves your hands free. Which leaves us to do other important things, like update our status or give that cute guy walking by our phone number. The best part is you can wear it casual or dressy.

As always, there are bags for special occasions and ones for everyday. Like that cute clutch you spent your last pay check on, definitely a night-on-the-town with-the-girls bag or a hurry-up-and-get-this-reception-started wedding bag. Shoulder, satchels, cross-body and tote bags can be used for more everyday activities, such as going to work, going shopping, running to the grocery store or going to class.

Consider what clothes or in what season of year you would wear it in. Of course it could go with your shoes as well, as a classic but always good rule to follow. However its not followed as strictly nowadays.

Remember a bag will always reveal your individual character and style, so find something that you will love to wear and that you feel comfortable in. Not saying that your handbag for work isn’t important but using it on a daily basis can increase its wear and tear. Search for a good quality bag, even if you have to spend a little bit more money on it. In the next couple years, it will be worth it.  So next time, when your looking for a handbag don’t just grab whatever your friend has or whatever is cheap. Put a little of your own style into it and you’re guaranteed to find the right bag for you!

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.