Hershey’s Chocolate World’s Chocolate Covered February!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I’ve always been a sucker for Valentine’s Day – I love it. No, not because it’s a designated day to spend with your special someone – honestly, I didn’t get my first boyfriend until I was seventeen, and even then, my first Valentine’s Day date with him was kind of a drag. I always liked it because of everything else that goes with the theme – cards, hearts, and most of all, chocolate.

So, maybe you’re in that position – you have a lame date, or no date at all, but still want to join in on the rest of the festivities that go along with it. No, my fellow Collegiettes, no date is needed for this event. Just grab a few close friends and take a short road trip to Hershey’s Chocolate World!

I know I talked about this place a time or two before (Hersheypark, more specifically), but I promise that another visit to this venue will be worth the trip. During this entire month, Hershey’s Chocolate World is hosting “Chocolate Covered February,” – an entire month with special events related to chocolate creating, tasting and discovering.

If you head over to the nationally-recognized Hershey, Pennsylvania, you’ll be given the opportunity to learn how to make some of Hershey’s famous desserts; every Saturday and Sunday you can watch a dessert demonstration, then take a stab at the “Dessert Creation Studio” to try to make it yourself. Not very cook savvy? Then head over to the food court for someone to make those chocolate entrees and desserts, or pay a mere $9 to join Hershey’s “Chocolate Dessert Tasting Journey.” Yes, it IS exactly how it sounds – $9 to try many of Hershey’s famous desserts, including chocolates, baked goods and fondue. With all of these events to take part in, why pass on it?

See, there’s no reason why anyone should have to stay in on Valentine’s Day; no one has to spend the night along just because they don’t have a significant other at the moment. Just grab a few close friends, hop in the car and indulge yourself in chocolate. You could event make it into a movie night too, and catch some popular 3D movies that are out at the moment, including Disney’s Beauty and the Beast or Star Wars Episode I (In theatres 2/10). There you have it, dinner and a movie!

If you have any questions or want more information, check out this website for all of the details! Who says Valentine’s Day has to be romantic? See, the holiday can be beneficial for more than just couples, so ditch the sweats, style your hair and prepare yourself for a fun night out with the girls!

Photo Source:
www.thehersheycompany.com

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.