Hair Accessories 101: Your Crowning Glory

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Every fashionista knows that an easy way to turn any blah outfit from drab to fab instantly is to add a great accessory. One of the most overlooked is the hair accessory. It’s one of the most versatile accessories on the market; it can be classy, hippie, or rock and roll! Here are some adorable examples that will be sure to brighten your day (and your head)!

This Betsey Johnson crochet headband is perfect in cold weather! The bright colors and funky flower are sure to brighten up a dreary December day as well as keep your ear warm underneath!

Vera Bradley ponytail holders are a must for the preppy best friend in your life. These would look great with a boatneck sweater or long-sleeved tee, jeans and boots! Try them out as simple bracelets, too.

Coach’s iconic “C” gets a funky, prep-school twist on this scarf. These colors would look great with a white button-down and high-waisted dress pants or a pencil skirt.

I have a thing for peacock feather, so immediately thought these were just the coolest things ever. These hair extensions, by Elite Extensions, are super fun for a night out on the town with your girlfriends, who can appreciate peacock feather extensions more than any guy ever could.

This head wrap by A Hair of Elegance is to die for. It mixes a little of the 1920s and the 1960s with the material and the shape. Make sure when attempting a style like this that the rest of your outfit is very simple. All the attention should be on your accessory!

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.