This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

This week, I had the absolute pleasure of getting to know Riley and now I get to share a little bit about her with the all of you! Riley Elizabeth Boike is a freshman at Millersville University from Quakertown, PA studying Government and Political Affairs, a bit different from her childhood dreams of being Hannah Montana. As a government major, Riley really looks up to strong women in politics as her biggest inspirations like the constantly tough and inspiring former first lady Michelle Obama and Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Riley’s three biggest hobbies are reading, writing, and music, which show up in her time at Millersville as she is does multiple extra curriculars on campus such as singing in the Women’s Choir and writing for Her Campus. She can also be seen carrying a book and reading when she has a free moment. Her favorite book of all time is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, a classic novel and character that have both stood the test of time.

When it comes to fictional characters, Riley has always identified with the strong silence of Jane as well as book smarts of Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter Series and the bravery and loyalty of Elphaba from Wicked. She also prides herself in her humor, which is her favorite thing about herself. When it comes to life, Riley knows the importance of finding happiness in small things. Riley finds it in seeing her pets (Dogs: Sandy and Sherlock and Cats: Whiskers and Queen Elizabeth III), her favorite movie (Aladdin), her favorite song (Imagine by John Lennon), and her favorite album (Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles). Overall, Riley is really enjoying her time here, at Millersville, and cannot wait to see what the future holds, hoping, more than anything, that it will always hold happiness.

Read some of her lovely writing here.

HCXO, Maeve

Maeve Corrigan

Millersville '22

Maeve Corrigan is a senior at Millersville University studying Communications with a minor in English. She is an avid reader with a deep love for music, film, and animals, especially her two dogs (Phoebe and Ruby) and cat (Ivy).