This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I’m sure we can all relate to that feeling of wanting to have an awesome spring break. You finally get some downtime after busting your butt for school and all you want it to relax and go on a nice vacation…but you’re broke. Well let me tell you, you can still have that awesome spring break on a budget. You don’t need some fancy spa and resort to relax and you don’t need to spend hundreds to have a good time. Here are some ways that I make the best of a low budget. 

Netflix Binge Away

One of the easiest ways to pass the time is to find a new show and crank out as many episodes as you can in a week. Whether you find a new show or watch “Gilmore Girls” for the tenth time, this is sure to give you some rest and relaxation. If you’re not into any shows, try some movies. Movie marathons are a great way to relax and pass the time. You can keep to yourself, or go all out with blankets, food, and snacks. Whatever you decide, this is a free activity that will definitely take up a few hours in the day. 

Thrifting!

This is a new love of mine, but it is seriously such a good way to get the thrill of shopping without breaking the bank. Try a few different places and you’re sure to find something great. The best part is that when you find something you like, take it home and DIY it into exactly what you want. It’s a great activity to do with friends or by yourself. Once you’re done with your DIY clothes, you can go out and take some photos of your new pieces.

Have a Photoshoot 

Since we all love to have new pictures to post for our Instagrams, a photoshoot is a perfect idea for your low budget spring break. Blast some music, try on your favorite top and just go for it.

Go Exploring

I don’t know about you guys but I love finding new places for coffee, food, shopping, anything at all. So grab your keys and just drive around a bit. Or maybe you can walk around if it’s warmer where you are. Even if you don’t find anywhere you’re too crazy about, this still gets you out of the house doing something to entertain yourself. A nice drive through the back roads, with the windows down and music up is good for the soul and will definitely help you unwind after a stressful school week. 

Clean it Out

The start of spring means spring cleaning is upon us. So get up and go through your clothes. I know you still have that one sweater you’ve been hanging onto for the perfect occasion, yet haven’t worn in 2 years. If you don’t have much to go through, just tidying up around the house will give you a fresh start. If you’re like me and get carried away when it comes to cleaning, remember nothing is ever too clean. There will always be the messy junk drawer and the windows that are no longer clear. So turn up the music and go ham on those baseboards. 

Self-care

I know we’ve all been slacking on our self-care. This is one of the most important things for you to do if you want to de-stress. Whatever makes you feel calm and relaxed, this is the time to do it. This could be taking a nap, trying a new skincare routine, getting all dolled up, or working out. Seriously absolutely anything can fit into this. So whatever makes you happy, go do it. You deserve it. 

Create Your Own Stay-cation

This one is so fun. Get outside, get your favorite music going, fill a baby pool with water, one bag of sand from Home Depot, and you are good to go. A beach in your very own backyard. Close your eyes and you might even fool yourself into thinking its the real deal.

If you try all these options and still have no plans for spring break, pull out your phone and Pinterest your heart away. These are some super cheap, fun things to hopefully make your break on a budget a little more enjoyable. Don’t forget to relax. Doing nothing is okay after you’ve been cramming for countless tests and projects. You’ve earned this break.

HXCO, Katie

Katie

Exeter

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3