This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Okay, so it’s been too long since we’ve seen One Direction happy and together (the hiatus still hurts thinking about). While most of the boys have successful solo careers, I still miss seeing their concert videos, funny interviews, and hearing their new music.  

In light of recent rumors of the boys thinking about getting back together (and I really hope they’re not rumors), I wanted to share some of my favorite songs from their five amazing albums that are either underrated or appropriately rated because they’re that good.

Stand Up (Up All Night, 2011)

This one is just a bop, no doubt about it. Not only is it a love song, but it’s also a song you want to dance to. Does anyone need anything else in a three-minute song?

Wolves (Made In the A.M., 2015)

Okay, I personally feel like this is an underrated song off their 2015 album. When I was a sophomore in high school (ouch, that hurt thinking about), this song was on my repeat for at least a week. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea (ha, see what I did there), but I think this song could use a little more recognition when we think of songs off their last album. 

Another World (Up All Night, 2011)

This song takes me to another world. Like, it has rock-pop themes that I’m still not ashamed about dancing to. Just listening to the song makes me nostalgic for my middle school slumber parties.  

Something Great (Midnight Memories, 2013)

So, listening back, this song makes me a lil’ emotional. Especially with Louis’ solo at the end, this song just brings all the feels. It’s just a bop that’s unappreciated for its time and I highkey recommend going back to listen to it ASAP. 

No Control (Four, 2014)

This may seem a little sad, but “No Control” was my ringtone for forever until it became too embarrassing when I was in public and Louis’ solo blared throughout a store (true story). Even though this song was probably appropriately popular, it’s such a jam that James Corden perfected with his dance routine idea back in 2015. After this, I think I may be changing my ringtone back to this bop (#noshame). 

But, let’s be real, all of their songs are just amazing. My short list definitely isn’t the definitive list, but when I was listening to my music on shuffle and “Na Na Na” came on, this article idea came to mind. 

I just miss One Direction and everything about them (if you couldn’t tell). Whether they want to get back together or not, I’m always going to enjoy their music like it’s the first time I’m hearing it.

HCXO,

Maggie

Maggie Ross

Millersville '22

I'm just a simple gal who loves all animals (especially doggos), believes in recycling, loves to listen to anything from the 70's (especially Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, and Elton John), collects mugs, blankets, and sweatshirts, and loves sunflowers, fall, and winter; and especially enjoys drinking tea.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3