Ask Bri & Robbie: Reader Appreciation and 2 New Answers About Relationships and Sex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Thanks for the advice on my ex. I hope you two do this for the rest of the year because you are great at it!

Bri: You’re welcome! Thanks, and we hope to be doing this for the rest of the year as well!

Robbie: You’re welcome. And thank you so much for following us! We do plan on doing for the rest of the year. Next semester will be my last semester doing this (because I’ll be graduating), so I’m hoping to make it worth everyone’s while.

I have liked this guy for a while and a year went by without seeing him. The first time I saw him after a year he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek so I thought there was something there. Then two weeks pass and I see on Facebook he is in a relationship. What gives?

Bri: It could be his way of saying he missed you. Were you guys close before? Almost all my friends, guys and girls, greet me with a hug when they see me, whether it’s been a few hours or months. It’s possible he was talking to someone else when he saw you for the first time in a while and that eventually progressed to a relationship. Rather than making assumptions, I would suggest just talking to him and seeing what’s going on.

Robbie:It could just be his way of saying hello/goodbye and that he missed you. Hugs are not uncommon between friends, but I can see how the kiss on the cheek could throw you off, especially if you’ve had feelings for the person. However, like Bri and I said, it could just be his own way of saying hi. Did he know about your feelings for him? If he did then I would definitely talk to him just to figure out what his intention was. But if he didn’t know that you have feelings for him then it may have just been a miscommunication, and he wasn’t intentionally trying to confuse you.

I want to spice things up in my sex life with my boyfriend. What are your favorite sex positions? Any tips?

Bri: Read Cosmo.

Robbie: Read Men’s Health. I mean no offense towards Cosmo and it’s subscribers, but if you want tips on how to give a guy what he wants, read a magazine written by guys for guys. Many of the things in Cosmo may SOUND awesome when you read them, but that DOES NOT mean they FEEL awesome. I think if you want to spice things up in bed, just keep an open mind to different positions or techniques. People say they would never want to try certain things, but eventually their sex lives will get stale if they just keep doing the same stuff over and over again. Not only that, but they’ve most likely never tried the techniques or positions that they’re so against. I’m willing to bet that you and your boyfriend already know what you both are already into, so start talking about positions/techniques that you’ve always wanted to try that you’ve been curious about. After that, take turns trying these new things in bed to see if you they work for the both of you. Open sexual dialogue with your partner is one of those intimacy factors that helps keep things interesting. I’m not saying become swingers or get into S&M (not that there’s anything wrong with any of that). Just keep an open mind. If you try something and you don’t like it, it’s a lesson learned and you’d actually have a reason for arguing against it. 

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.