This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Some may know him as, “Chocolate Bear,” while others know him by his infectious laugh, but everyone knows Andre Richet.

Andre is a junior from Norristown, PA and a graduate of Norristown Area High School. He originally came to Millersville in 2008 as a secondary education math major because he thought, “The math professors had PhDs and they would make him smart,” and he was, “Impressed by the aesthetics and how much the university felt like home.”

As life turned out, however, he didn’t place into the right math course. Undeterred, Andre decided to be a business administration major with an option in marketing. It fits his personality well because he is the definition of a people person. “I’m all about networking,” he said.

Andre’s Millersville credentials are rather impressive. He just ended his term as vice president of the University Activities Board, where he helped out with the Phil Vasser spring concert; he is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to intramural sports; and he works for Ville After Dark, showing movies and working Midnight Breakfast. He also spends his spring breaks working with Habitat for Humanity by building houses for the less fortunate.

When he’s not out helping others, Andre loves being active. “Freshman and sophomore years on the quad was a bit of an academic determent,” Andre said with a smile.

He is always up for a game; volleyball, baseball, basketball, and anything where he can be out with his friends. He is also an avid Philllies fan, frequently heading down to Citizen’s Bank Park to catch a game.

Behind his infectious laugh, Andre has a very serious side about his time on campus. “Ever since I was a young kid, I’ve always sort of done my own thing,” he said. Andre’s usually upbeat tone dropped in a somber, serious melody. “I never really found my place growing up and I can say this with no exaggeration, Millersville feels like home. This campus always felt so fitting, it gave me a hug I’ll never forget and it’s my inspiration”

He quickly returned to form and deadpanned, “I’m a deep guy, what can I say.” Before Andre graduates, you need to hear his laugh because it will stay with you forever.

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.