Style

5 Simple Ways to Transition from Summer to Fall Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The weather has slowly started to cool down, which means it’s time for FALL! Gone are hot and humid summer days. Now it’s time for warm drinks, orange leaves, and a whole new wardrobe. Summer clothes are great, but there’s definitely a big switch in style from summer to fall. If you’re like me and can’t afford to buy all new fall clothes, I’m here to help! Here are a few ways to still wear summer-y clothes while looking cute for fall and staying warm – without breaking the bank. Hint: layers are your friend!!

1. Tights under shorts

This is such a cute style, and takes seconds to do! All you need are your favorite pair of shorts and a pair of leggings. Suddenly your shorts are warmer and you look ready to go pumpkin picking!

2. Sweater over a tank top dress

Instead of saying a sad goodbye to your favorite sleeveless or tank top dress, warm it up by throwing a cozy sweater on top! That way you can still rock your dress without freezing. I personally love a flower patterned dress mixed with a monochrome sweater.

3. Match a cardigan with a tank top

Instantly create fall vibes by adding a simple cardigan to your favorite summer shirts. A cardigan is perfect- not too heavy but not too light. It’ll keep you warm without ovreheating! I strongly recommend getting a black or grey one because they’ll match with just about anything. Although brightly colored cardigans are fun too!

4. FLANNELS

Is it really fall without flannels? These work similar to cardigans! Just slip on a flannel over a tank top or any other summer-y shirt and you are good to go! Oversized flannels are extremely comfortable, not to mention also super cute. Pair a flannel with a skirt for a more formal look, or jeans/jean shorts for a more casual look. Either way, you’ll rock it!

5. Long jeans & crop tops

Crop tops are super cute and I am always sad to pack mine away after the summer is over. Instead of saying goodbye, keep them out! Wear a crop top with jeans and a cardigan or flannel to keep yourself warm.

I hope these little tips helped! If you try any fun styles this season, be sure to let me know. I’d love to see what you come up with :) Have a wonderful rest of your day!

HCXO,

Hannah Newman

*all images courtesy of Pinterest

Hannah Newman

Millersville '20

Hannah Newman is a senior at Millersville University, studying Early Childhood Education with an integrative STEM methods minor. She has been writing for Her Campus for over two years, and is loving being the president of such an awesome chapter.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3