This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s nothing new, our planet is in need of some major saving. It’s all over social media and news outlets, but how can we help? There are many eco-friendly products you can use daily to start making that change. Here are four eco-friendly products that you can start using today!

Natural Laundry Detergent

Natural laundry detergent is way to introduce fewer chemicals to the water supply and your skin, while still doing the job of cleaning your clothes. Most natural detergents are biodegradable, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and non-GMO. Some great brands are Method, Seventh Generation, Love Home & Planet, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Ever Spring. These brands also offer laundry and cleaning products.

Natural Shampoo and Conditioner

When using natural shampoo and conditioners, they just disintegrate into non-toxic components that do not pollute or cause damage to ecosystems, unlike the regular shampoo and conditioners that we are used to. Not only are these good for the environment, but they are good for you as well. After using these products, you well see a noticeable difference in how your hair looks and feels. Some brands I recommend are Love Beauty & Planet, The Honest Co., and Not Your Mother’s.

Reusable Non-Plastic Tupperware

Instead of adding more plastic, grab some glass meal prep containers for a non-toxic solution. Even if a plastic container says it’s microwave safe, it is never truly microwave safe. The best way to avoid toxins is to use glass tupperware. You can find them on Amazon.com

Reusable Grocery Bags

According to the National Geographic, it is estimated that the U.S. is responsible for 327 billion plastic bags that end up in the ocean. A way to make a change is to start using reusable bags when going to the grocery store. You can buy them at the store or in bulk on Amazon.com.

HCXO, Kayla

Images Courtesy of Google Images.

Kayla Campbell

Millersville '21

Senior at Millersville University majoring in Early Childhood and Special Education.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3