This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Trust me when I say this, I think everyone is struggling with staying productive during online classes. I know for me, some days, I have no motivation to do any work. Especially now that class is mostly online, we have to motivate ourselves. Your teacher is not there to motivate you anymore. It is more than okay though, to pick a day during the week to chill and not be as motivated, but that means your other days should be pretty productive. I have changed my lifestyle slightly and these are some ways I have stayed motivated to do online school.

Keep to your regular routine

You should pretend that you are going to in-person classes everyday. When you wake up, it is important that you don’t just hop on your zoom call from your bed. You should simulate a regular in-person class day by changing your outfit and having breakfast in the morning. If you get ready, you will instantly feel more productive!

Find a spot to take your class

I know, everyone has those days where you just want to take class from bed. But no, don’t do that! Taking online classes from your desk will make such a difference. You should pick a spot to do your online schooling that doesn’t make you feel too comfortable. You won’t get any work done if you feel inclined to relax!

Take breaks

Just because school is online, that doesn’t mean you can’t go outside. I try to go outside to study and write papers. Usually when I do this, I get more busy work, or work that I don’t need to focus 100% on, done. Changing up the scenery makes the biggest difference. I don’t recommend taking classes outside, but doing work or studying outside is definitely a must!

Since finals are happening in about a month, it is important that you continue to push through these new times to stay motivated for your exams. It’s the home stretch, don’t let your bad habits take over!

Hey! My name is Rachel Ramnarine and I'm from New Jersey. I live in Central Jersey so I'm pretty close to NYC and the shore! I have two siblings, and an adorable dog! I am a current sophomore studying communication at The University of Miami. In my free time, I love to go to the beach with my friends and spend time with my family! I have always loved writing but have been intimidated at times, however, I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!