Coachella Takes the Ocean

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Unless you’re a California native, Coachella is probably still on your bucket list of things you need to experience before you die. This year, the idea to have a holographic Tupac was pretty insane, but then Coachella pulled something even more unexpected: the S.S. Coachella.

Just imagine seeing the biggest up-and-coming groups and bands while on board a cruise ship. There are two excursions, one being a 3-day trip to the Bahamas, and the other is a 4-day trip to Jamaica. Both are in December, so treat yourself to an early holiday present and a post-finals treat.

To get a reservation, you must be 21 years of age. The cruise leaves from Ft. Lauderdale. The boat features 11 different restaurants, four bars and three clubs. Other on-board activities include DJ tutorials, wine tastings, bar crawls and more. When the boat is docked, passengers can scuba dive, snorkel, jet skiing and go on adventure tours. Not only does this cruise line offer amazing music at night, but it also allows you to experience other activities that any other cruise ship would offer.

If you’ve been searching for a reason to go on a cruise, this is most definitely the offer you should grab. Reservations are still available at www.ss.coachella.com.

Jackie Salo is a freshman at the University of Miami School of Communication. Currently, she writes for The Miami Hurricane. In high school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the school newspaper The Courant. The paper won various awards such as the 2009 American Scholastic Press Association's Best Newspaper First Place with Special Merit award, the only paper in the Northeast to do so. Jackie has had work published in The Long Island Press, and Boating Times Long Island where she interned. She was the Quill Awards Most Outstanding Journalist of the Year and was the only high school student to be recognized by News Channel 12 for High School Journalist of the Year.