etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break “Staycation”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Spring break trips are expensive and difficult to organize, so some of us, including myself, didn’t make any plans for this spring break. That doesn’t mean that you can’t have a fun week off though! Sometimes, a quiet week at home with your family and your dog beats heading to a crowded beach. If you are going back to your hometown for this break, try some of these activities to relax!

1. Explore your hometown like a tourist

When I am at home for long breaks, like winter and summer, I usually have a job and get stuck in a routine. You don’t have time to do that over spring break, so take advantage and explore your hometown, like you have never been there before! Go to a museum that you’ve never been to or find a new restaurant. This can be a fun way to spend a day, and you may find your new favorite place in your hometown!

2. Hang out with your friends from high school

I don’t usually get a chance to spend a bunch of time with my high school friends, since we all went to different colleges. Spring break is the perfect opportunity to catch up! If your friends aren’t all at home, take a road trip for a weekend to go visit them at their school. Either way, visiting with old friends is one of the best ways to spend spring break.

3. Have a spa night

I know that when I am at school, I don’t have that much “me time.” I am always going to class, meetings, or hanging out with friends, so I am rarely alone. Spring break is the perfect time to take a night to have a bath, paint your nails, do a face mask, and watch your favorite chick flick. Taking time for self-care is so important, so take a night for yourself over break!

4. Spend time with your family

When I am at school, I really miss seeing my family. Over break, try and organize a family dinner with your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They would love to see you and hear about what you are doing at college, and I know that I always look forward to seeing my younger cousins, when I am home.

Hannah is a freshman at Miami University, where she is majoring in journalism. She has a puggle, named Bailey, loves tennis, and is a huge Survivor fan. Follow her on Instagram @hmbanas99
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer