Meet our Kohl’s Campus Cuties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Seniors Andrew Henry and Christina Hanhart spent this past summer interning with Kohl’s as store managers in Middletown, Ohio! They were chosen as Kohl’s ambassadors for Miami, which entails representing one of the most successful department stores in the country at Career Fair this past September and at Spring Ice next semester. Aside from their work with Kohl’s, these cuties stay busy on campus with their intense involvement in other student organizations, all the while trying to enjoy their last year at Miami.

Meet Christina Hanhart

Year: Senior

Major: Strategic Communications, with a Management Minor

Campus Involvement: Kappa Kappa Gamma & Women in Business

Celeb crush: Ben Affleck

Relationship status: In a relationship

Uptown Bar: O’ Pub

Fall fashion trend: I can’t get enough of all the leather!

Favorite song of all time: The Good Life by One Republic

Place to unwind: Absolut Angels

Describe your ideal first date…

My ideal first date would be drinks and a fun event like going to a sports game or something. I appreciate the thought of doing something other than dinner and a movie, although I’m a sucker for those nights, too.

Who is your favorite sister?

I see what you’re doing here, Emmy! Can’t say I have a favorite because I wouldn’t be the person I am today without every single one of them.

What has been the most memorable experience you’ve had at Miami?

There are way too many! One of the most memorable and most thoughtful memories I’ve had was when my sister, Emily, planned a surprise birthday party at Decibel for my 21st. She got all of my friends and family involved and I absolutely had no idea. We all had so much fun dancing and celebrating the night away (and no, I didn’t tell her to say this)!

What was your favorite part about working for Kohl’s this past summer?

My favorite part about working for Kohl’s this past summer was the people I got to work with every day. I’ve never been around such motivated and driven people before. Another fun part of the internship was attending a conference in Charlotte, NC where we got to meet with territory and district leaders in the company. It was a great professional experience and we had a lot of fun getting to know other interns!

How has being a Kohl’s ambassador here at Miami shaped/added to your senior year experience?

For so long I didn’t have a clue what I wanted to do after college I just knew I wanted to work with people. I loved being able to go to career fair and share my experience with others because when you’re looking for an internship you don’t know what to expect, so it’s comforting to talk to someone who has gone through it before.

What does life after Miami look like for you?

Life after Miami… such a scary thought. I accepted a full time position with Kohl’s after I graduate, so I will enter a 12-week training program that will prepare me to become an assistant store manager.  I hope to be living in a city like Chicago close to friends and family!

Meet Andrew Henry

Year: Senior

Major: Management & Leadership

Relationship status: Single

Campus Involvement: MUSA, MBE, SOUL in 2011

Celeb Crush: Jennifer Lawrence

Favorite Uptown spot: Skippers

Favorite song of all time: Impossible to pick just one, depends on the day

Favorite show on TV right now: Scandal

Favorite aspect of Miami: The scenery. Every corner of this campus looks like something from a magazine.

Have you ever used a pick-up line? What was it and did it work?…

I have never used one seriously; they’re just too cheesy for me to do without laughing.  But I have always enjoyed joking around with friends (and my mom) using the, “you dropped your name tag” while handing them a packet that says sugar on it.  

What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done?

In high school I went zip-lining off the side of a mountain.  The intense part about it was literally just walking off the edge of the platform with nothing but trees beneath me.  It was a really freeing experience and I hope to do it again soon.

What was your favorite part about working for Kohl’s?

The people at Kohl’s are so nice; you rarely come across a rude person or someone that isn’t willing to help you.  The positive attitudes create an extremely upbeat and encouraging atmosphere that makes you look forward to going to work everyday.  I can honestly say I never left work without a smile.

Why would you recommend this internship to other Miami students and what did you gain from this experience?

This internship is really comprehensive in terms of exposing interns to all areas of the business.  You get to look into HR, sales projections, operations, and many other areas. Also, you really learn what you do and don’t like, which is good to know in determining the direction of your career.  Kohl’s will be heavily recruiting interns in the spring for anyone interested!

I am going to pursue a career with Kohl’s.  I will be trained near home, and then following my training I will be relocated to a permanent location as an assistant store manager (I’m hoping for somewhere warm). I will miss Miami, but I am also ready to start my career!

Emily Hanhart is a senior at Miami University. She is the Assistant Editor for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.