Keyoni Rates ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Name: Keyoni A. Rates
Year: Senior
Major: Psychology           
Hometown: Cleveland, OH
Relationship Status: Single
Campus Involvement: Resident Assistant, Director of the Miami University Gospel Singers,  Treasurer of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority

Who are your role models? 
My mother, Charlotte Rates; my high school mentor and Soror, First Lady Gwendolyn Howard

Describe your personal style: Simplicity with a touch of preppy

What’s your favorite….

• Color? Fuchsia  
  • Movie? Stomp the Yard & Seven Pounds
  • Restaurant? Any place that serves pasta
  • Song? It changes with time; currently “Unaware” by Allen Stone

What qualities do you look for in a guy?

1. Intelligence
  2. Humor
  3. Maturity/Manners
  4. Spirituality
  5. Appearance (attractiveness; cleanliness; style) (eyes & smiles)

Describe your ideal date: 
A spontaneous outing to a place that is non-traditional. They can be fun or romantic; elaborate or simple.      

Career Goal: To become a child and family psychologist, and ultimately a philanthropist.

If you could marry and celeb who would it be? and why?
I would marry gospel rapper, Trip Lee. His knowledge of, love for, and execution of the Word is powerful. I would want a husband that is smart, creative, outgoing, and stands up for what he believes in. He is also adorable, and has swag. 

Kiaya White is a Junior at Miami University. She is a Contributing Writer, for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus."
Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.